my flickr photostream

Monday, April 12, 2010

52 weeks: Week 14 wrapup

Fleur de Leaf
© 2010 Simon Hucko

edit: If you're a RSS subscriber, sorry for the double post. I hit "publish" instead of "save," and tried to delete the post but it already went to the feed. So you all get your 52 weeks fix a day early this week

It appears that spring is springing, and this week's photos reflect the warmer times that are upon us. I think I even saw a hint of blue sky and sunshine in some of them. I feel like I'm finally getting out of this photographic funk I've been in for the past few weeks. Hopefully we can pick up a few people who might have missed posting the last few weeks for similar reasons.

My photo for this week was taken while I was still feeling uncreative. The bush/tree/whatever outside our building was starting to bud and grow in leaves, and they looked like little flowers. I tried to capture them as such, but I don't think I did a great job of it. I'll have to give it another shot before it's too late. Photo taken with my 50mm reversed at f/5.6 (poor man's macro) - I stopped down a bit to increase sharpness and depth of field.

This week's winner is "[I|" by ilektrik:

[I|
© Adam Baker

This is one of the most well-composed images that I've seen in a long time. You owe it to yourself to view it larger. Everything fits into the frame very well, and it just draws me in and holds me there for a while. The color gradient in the sky/reflection is also fantastic, and adds another dimension of interest to the photo. This is definitely worth getting printed large and hanging somewhere. Nicely done.

Keep up the great work everyone!

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment