my flickr photostream

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

52 weeks: Week 13 wrapup

Blue Dumpster
© 2010 Simon Hucko

13 down, 39 to go! Thanks to everyone who posted this week. For those of you who celebrate, I hope you had a good Easter. I'll admit, I was expecting some Easter themed shots this week. Maybe I'll set up another table top studio shot for week 14...

So due to poor planning on my part, the photo I posted for yesterday's blog post is my photo for this week. Rather than post it two days in a row, I offer up another shot I took this weekend. I really liked the bright blue of the dumpster with the orange brown rust. I boosted the colors a bit, and added a vignette to help make the dumpster pop. The shot needs something else (a person, another object, possibly some weeds or something growing up around it), but oh well. Enjoy the little glimpse into how I see the world around me.

This week's winning shot is "In bloom" by MairinJean:

In bloom
© MairinJean

I really like the lighting and texture in this shot, there's a lot of detail in the petals and the leaves if you view it larger. The one thing I might have changed was to crop in a bit from the right edge to remove that one leaf, but I also have a thing for square formats so it could just be that talking. Nicely captured.

Keep up the great work everyone!

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

1 comment:

  1. I really like the garbage photo! The color of the blue is so surprising - it catches you off guard. And it actually made me wonder, do all garbage bins/pails/etc. have an interesting, pretty color like that, but because it is garbage, we disregard it? Beauty in an unlikely place. Very nice.

    (Oh, also, I like how the browns contrast in the background! Really sets a tone for the photo.)

    ReplyDelete