my flickr photostream

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

52 weeks: Week 22 wrapup

Illuminated Darkness
© 2010 Simon Hucko

Another Droid shot this week. I had big plans to go to the Ithaca Festival last Friday and shoot, but instead I met up with a few people and just walked around. I did take a few shots, but nothing outstanding. It was more fun just to be there in the moment, and it's nice to take a step back from the lens from time to time and just enjoy life around you. There are a few other festivals/fairs going on this summer that I plan on shooting (might even break out a roll or two of Tri-X), so look for that.

My shot this week was part of a short walk I took focusing on doors. I've never been one for photo assignments (for whatever reason), but when I got my Droid I got invited to a weekly Android assignment group. I think these weekly assignments are perfect for the walks I take on my lunch break - by this point I've shot most everything within walking distance of my building, so having something different to focus on while I'm wandering around is a great way to spice up the usual routine. If you're in a bit of a rut or have a hard time coming up with photo ideas, I highly recommend an assignment group on flickr (just do a search for "assignment," there must be hundreds to choose from).

My pick this week is "self" by irv_b:

self
© irv_b

What a great twist on a self-portrait (it even has sort of an Alfred Hitchcock vibe to it). I like that there's just enough light on the background to give a nice crisp silhouette, but no more than necessary. I like your choice of framing, too - the negative space balances it out very well. Very mysterious shot.

That's it for this week. Keep up the great work everyone, we're almost to the half-way point!

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment