my flickr photostream

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

52 weeks: Week 33 wrapup

Mound Meeting
© 2010 Simon Hucko

So apparently I haven't been very good about sticking to the theme lately. I have ideas when I choose them, and often they just don't work out. I figured green would be easy with all the summer greenness, and then it rained all week. Fortunately I had a few other photographic opportunities this past week. My photo was taken at a local minor league game. If you're looking to brush up on your baseball shooting skills, this is definitely the way to go - there was maybe one official photographer there, and they didn't even look twice at my camera bag when I walked in with it. I bet if you asked nicely it'd be easy to get yourself a "press pass" to something like this, and while you may not be able to use the images for anything other than posting on Flickr, it would be great practice. Thanks to my wife for letting me borrow her 55-200.

My pick this week is "Opening up to the Possibilities" by maryshelby:

Opening Up to the Possibilities
© Mary Shelby

When I think "green" I don't usually think about sunflowers, but she nailed this one. The title is perfect, and definitely sets the tone for the photo. A wonderful capture of something that happens every day but most people never see. My only suggestion would be to get up a foot or so higher so that the tree line in the background disappears and you get a nice uniform green/yellow backdrop, but that's just nitpicking on my part.

This week's theme will be lines. Find a way to work lines into your composition to lead your viewer where you want them to go. And go shoot! We keep dwindling down here, I'd really like to see some people rejoin us for the rest of the year. If you've been busy this summer, now's the time to dust off your camera and jump back in. No excuses necessary, we'd love to have you back!

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

1 comment:

  1. Love the action/story in your baseball shot.

    Also, I've never seen a sunflower at that stage before. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete