my flickr photostream

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

52 weeks: Week 30 wrapup

Herbert F. Johnson Museum
© 2010 Simon Hucko

My photo this week is less about texture than I had planned, but I still think there's some interesting texture on the concrete so I guess it qualifies. I finally had a good week of photography last week, managed to get out twice and got a few photos that I'm happy with. Hopefully I can continue the trend this week, despite the scattered thunderstorms all week...

This week's pick is "hay" by irv_b:

hay
© irv_b

I asked for texture, and boy did I get it. The detail on the hay bale is great, and the sky has a wonderful stormy texture as well. I also like that the background is slightly out of focus, it puts more emphasis on the subject but still gives clear context for the shot. I think this would look great printed large and framed (although I'd probably brighten it up just a tad before printing). Nicely done.

Now that we're a few weeks into it, what do you think about the themes? Are they helping, hurting, or not very useful? We can continue like this for the rest of the year, I can drop it entirely, or we can go to something like a monthly theme/contest. Let me know what you think here in the comments or over on flickr. Thanks guys!

This week's theme will be people. Find a person or group (or crowd) of people to take a photo of. Doesn't have to be a posed portrait, candid or street-type shots are more than welcome.

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment