my flickr photostream

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

52 weeks: Week 29 wrapup

Watery Morning
© 2010 Simon Hucko

I had every intention of sticking to the shadow theme this week, but it's been so rainy here that we haven't really had any shadows to speak of. Instead, I captured the view from my car before walking into work one morning. Case and point. I always enjoy shots like these - water on a window is like nature's photoshop, you can get some crazy effects. There wasn't much color anyway, but the black and white helped put the focus solely on the texture of the shot.

My pick this week comes from q-pix:

P7224755.JPG
© q-pix

I like the lines of the boats here, especially when distorted by the reflection in the water. Awesome sky, too, very moody.

This week's theme is "texture" - the world is full of interesting textures, use light and your framing to show them off. Side-lighting is good for bringing out texture, as the shadows that you get will add a more 3D effect to the image.

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment