my flickr photostream

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

52 weeks: Week 26 wrapup

Stars and Sky Forever
© 2010 Simon Hucko

26 weeks means we're halfway there! Participation is still kinda low, but we did get a bunch of "blue" themed photos this week, which I was happy to see. Again, don't feel forced into sticking to the theme, it's optional and is only there to help you. If you have a great shot that isn't in line with the theme, post it anyway! The theme for this coming week will be "symmetry" - another favorite of mine. Humans love symmetry, and if you start looking you'll find it all around you (buildings especially).

My photo this week was a quick grab during the BBQ-ing festivities. Rather than correct for shade, I left the white balance at daylight giving the flag and pole a very blue cast. I did warm up the shadows just a touch to contrast all the blue, it's probably most noticeable in the tree.

My pick this week is "Sitting on the dock of a lake" by chofler:

Sitting on the dock of the lake
© chofler

She captured some great sunset tones here, I really like all of the colors in the sky. I also like how the boats and people are almost in silhouette. A very calming summer photo.

That's it for this week, folks. Hard to believe the year is halfway over already! Get out there and get shooting, symmetry or no, and post something. You can do it!

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

2 comments:

  1. Halfway, wow!! And oh, actually knowing that the theme is optional helps. I was all, Omg I don't have blue pics this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kristan - haha, sorry. I guess I didn't make that very clear. It's totally optional, just there to help people who are having trouble getting inspired.

    ReplyDelete