my flickr photostream

Monday, March 1, 2010

52 weeks: Week 8 wrapup

Andy's Barber Shop
© 2010 Simon Hucko

8 weeks down. Thanks again to everyone for keeping up with posting - I'm really enjoying seeing all of your photos week to week.

My photo this week is a bit of a personal victory. I saw this shot a while back when I was walking around, but couldn't work myself up to approaching the window to take it. When I was out walking around the other day I forced myself to go over and do it. After taking the shot, I stepped in the door and talked with the guy (I'm assuming it was Andy) for a bit - turns out he has a very similar painting hanging on his wall. I'm glad I did it, it's probably not the best photo I've ever taken, but there's a lot of layers going on in there and it's a step towards getting over my phobia of photographing strangers.

This week's winner is "big-ben-lights" by irv_b

big-ben-lights
© irv_b

I really like the long exposure here - there are a lot of great lines in this photo, and plenty to keep my interest while looking at it. Very nicely done.

That's it for this week. Keep on shooting!

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment