my flickr photostream

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

52 weeks: Week 19 wrapup

The Viper
© 2010 Simon Hucko

I spent Saturday at an amusement park with my wife and her choir (150 7th graders). Finally got my DSLR batteries charged, so I brought the camera and took some photos (mostly of the kids). I had this shot in my head of a coaster streaking around the loop. Must have something to do with all of the "bending time" stuff I've been talking about here. Unfortunately the weather was pretty gray and I wound up underexposing this shot by a bit, but thanks to the power of RAW I was able to bring the levels up and add a little bit of color and punch back to it.

My favorite this week comes from q-pix:


© q-pix

I like the idea of using an IR filter with a color shot. DSLR's have built in filters to remove IR light, too, so it winds up extending your exposure considerably. Probably not something you'd want to use on every photo, but I really like the effect on this shot. The sharp silhouette of the buildings contrasted with the fiery red clouds gives it an apocalyptic feeling. Great idea, and very well executed.

~S

[title of blog] on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment